Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Home Away From Home

Home Away From Home
      Making your dorm room feel like home
Chemistry Department


I know that it is almost the end of the semester and people will soon be going back home for the summer, but I thought I would give a little tour of my home away from home and throw out a few tips on making your space more you!












Contemplation






One of my favorite places on campus is the rocking chair on the second floor of the library. The view of the mall area is breathtaking and offers good distraction when I want to avoid studying or want to get away to think!









My dorm hall is the oldest building on campus, and the prettiest building of all! I love my hall and my room and I have had all year to make it uniquely me.

One thing that I did to make my dorm room a little more unique was decorate my door. I am an RA and all of the RAs of my hall made tags for each other, making the door special and easy for residents to find if they have any quesitons!















I make my room more me by placing some of my accessories as decorations, and it doubles as storage! I place my more colorful shoes under my table and some of my hats around my room to make a pile of books or the top of my microwave a little cuter!

Lighting is an easy and cute way to personalize any room. I personally love the soft pink glow of multicolor Christmas lights so made sure to place them around the ceiling of my room and along a few shelves to give my room a nice soft glow!


Posters are a must in making a room more personable. I have a lot of my favorite paintings and photographs up around my room including "Kiss the War goodbye," "Starry Starry night," "First Kiss," and some printed paintings of my favorite artist Leonid Afremov. I use them to fill any blank walls that I may have. I also fill blank walls with some of my favorite quotes or own artwork. This is much cheaper then buying a bunch of posters!

Remember, every space has potential. All you need to do is bring a little you into it!
Outside my Window

One of my favorite parts of my room is the view outside my window. On warmer days there are students sitting at the tables and on the grass doing homework and it is even more lovely with leaves on the trees!

Have a wonderful Tuesday! Have a moment? Take a look outside your window.

No comments:

Post a Comment