Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Swirl Ring

Happy Tuesday!!
 
I was bored at work the other day and lucky for me I had brought some arts and craft supplies with me. It seems that when I am most bored I create the neatest pieces. Of course the first one right below was the best. When I attempted to create the second one it didn't turn out as well, but still just as adorable! Take a look!

Want to make one? 
Here is what you do:
Supplies: Wire, a nail polish bottle to size your ring on, wire cutters and wire pliers.

Step 1: Determine the size you want your ring to be and wrap it around your nail polish bottle twice for a thicker band. (To size I placed a ring of mine on the bottle, marked where the band hit, then placed the wire in that spot)

Step 2: When the two ends meet, wrap them around each other tightly and slowly continue to wrap it to create the swirl around like shown.

Step 3. Take the ring off of the nail polish bottle once you reach the desired swirl size. I placed the ring upside down and pushed on the swirl to flatten it out. 

Step 4: Take the two ends and fold them back into the ring between the two wire bands. 

Step 5: Cut the axcess wire off with the wire cutters and using the wire pliers bend the ends into the ring so that they don't poke you!

Viola! A homemade ring personalized every time!



Bored? Pull out some art supplies, you would be amazed at what you can do.

XOXO ~Jackie












No comments:

Post a Comment